Non-EU Nationals can acquire a Cyprus Citizenship by making an investment in Cyprus. The Cyprus Investment programme improves the personal mobility and security of investors whilst providing significant wealth creation opportunities.
Benefits of Cyprus Citizenship by Investment
- The expected time frame for examination of applications takes approximately 6 months.
- You can hold directorship or be shareholders of a Cyprus based entity/business.
- Free movement to more than 160 countries worldwide, making you a global citizen.
- You will enjoy all the privileges of a Cypriot citizen, and their right to reside, work, do business and study within Cyprus.
- Applicant's spouse and dependent children up to the age of 28 may qualify. Citizenship is passed on by descent if a permanent residence is maintained for a minimum value of €500,000.
- Dual citizenship is allowed in Cyprus.
- To be considered a tax resident, you must only reside in Cyprus for 60 days per year.
- The parents of the applicant also qualify for citizenship if they buy a home for €500,000 plus VAT.
- Access to healthcare and education is especially useful when your children are considering University options.
Requirements for Cyprus Citizenship by Investment
- 1 All required documents issued by a foreign authority should be translated to either Greek or English.
- 2 The applicant is required to invest €2 million plus VAT in Residential real estate, or €2.5 million if it is a mixed investment whereby, €2 million can be invested in company shares and a further €500,000 plus VATin your family home.
- 3 All investments can be liquidated in 5 years except; Just one primary residence must be owned or replaced with a similar property. The primary residence must have a minimum value of €500,000 plus VAT.
- 4 Applicant must have a clean criminal record and provide adequate documentation to prove the same.
- 5 Applicants assets should not be frozen by any EU state.
- 6 Private Health insurance policy, valid in Cyprus, must always be maintained, for applicants and their dependants.
- 7 Applicants must hold a valid Schengen visa.
- 8 €75,000 Donation to Research and Innovation.
€75,000 Donation to Cyprus Land Department.
*If the applicant chooses to invest in units that have previously qualified for the Cyprus Investment Programme a further €500,000 investment will be required.
Cyprus Investment Programme: Investment Gateways
Gateway 1: €2,000,000 investment Plus €150,000 in Donations
- A five-year investment of €2,000,000 in a Cyprus Residential Real Estate.
- The Real estate investment must be retained for a minimum period of five years, after which the investor can liquidate the €2,000,000 property but he must retain another Cyprus Residential property worth at least €500,000 which must be held indefinitely.
Qualifying investments through Gateway 1
- Purchase one house/villa of at least €1,500,000, and one apartment/house/villa of at least €500,000. In five years time sell the house/villa.
- Purchase one house/villa/apartment of at least €2,000,000, after five years sell the property and at the same time acquire a Residential property of at least €500,000.
- Purchase a block/portfolio of villas/apartments of a sum €2,000,000. In five years sell the block/portfolio and retain or purchase one Residential property worth at least €500,000.
Note: The parents of the main applicant can be included in the application with an additional investment of €500,000 in a Residential property.
Obligatory donations for Cyprus Investment Gateway 1
- A donation of €75,000 to the Cyprus Land Department.
- A donation of €75,000 to Research and Innovation.
The donation to the Cyprus Land Department is applicable with no exemption whereas, the donation to Research and Innovation will not be applicable if the applicant invests at least €75,000 in a Cyprus-based certified innovative business.